The Retail Trainer will perform training duties for retail personnel using curriculum developed by the Retail Methods and Training Specialist.
Job duties include:
• Deliver associate training and assessment programs with a high degree of excellence.
• Facilitate a variety of training programs in multiple formats to include warehouse, virtual and traditional classroom, and conference room.
• Consult with management, supervisors, and employees to assess training needs.
• Demonstrate expertise in creating and reviewing video training content, both live and recorded presentations, and representing the agency at career fairs and recruiting events.
• Demonstrate methods and skills in all areas of training and development.
• Guide associates in mastering tasks and skills related to their positions.
• Develop strong partnerships and relationships with internal partners to ensure training aligns with Agency goals.
• Continually evaluate and analyze training progress and procedures to ensure course effectiveness and maintain consistency of training content, providing feedback to Retail Methods and Training Specialist
• Implement and deliver training for all competency levels within the Agency.
• Champion safety; serve as an advocate for new employees through leadership, teaching, and example.
• Track training metrics, providing insight and innovation for continual improvement.
• Three years training experience with an emphasis in skills attainment, teaching detailed processes, and effective coaching, or related field is preferred.
• Proven experience with a wide variety of training delivery methods including on-the-job, instructor-led, virtual classroom, web-based training modules, simulators, conferences, and workshops.
• Proven results leading change in behaviors through effective training programs and methods, through training plans which s/he has personally developed and delivered, and those developed by others.
• Exceptional organizational, team building, and time management competencies.
• Demonstrate leadership, change management, and mentoring skills.
• Perceptive assessor of, and the ability to articulate, the strengths and opportunities within others.
• Effective teaching, presentation, organizational, project management, oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, et al), virtual training platforms including Adobe Classroom and Brainshark are a plus.
• Exceptional troubleshooting, decision making, and issue resolution skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.